Hello and TGIF!! I wanted to give you all a recap of how my new nutrition plan is going. I’ll share the good, the bad, and the ugly.
– I weighed in last Sunday, which was the end of my first week and I lost 5 pounds! Granted, it was the week following vacation so I think some of that was just losing the vacation bloat – lol! I don’t feel like I am not losing much this week but I am okay with that. I only want to lose a few additional pesky pounds anyway.
– For the most part, the food has been much better than I thought it would be. There are some recipes that I can definitely see me incorporating into my “normal” diet after the 8 weeks is up. While I am trying hard to strictly follow this plan as much as possible for the 8 weeks to develop new habits, I am mostly an “everything in moderation” type of person. Once the 8 weeks is up, I know I won’t be eating *as* healthy, but at least I will have some delicious lean, clean, green meal options to incorporate into my life and hopefully my family will enjoy them as well.
– I’ve only been hungry a couple of times. I am eating 5 times a day so I am staying pretty full. This has helped me stay on track. I did eat an ice cream cone on Mother’s Day the first week. And I subbed out a lunch meal for a lunch at Panera Bread on Mother’s Day as well. I don’t feel one bit guilty about either decision.
– Because I am drinking so much during the days, I have reduced my soda intake from three 12 oz. cans a day to one 12 oz. can in the afternoon after lunch when I am feeling tired.
– Speaking of tired, while I did feel a little sluggish the first couple of days, I have found myself having more energy lately. My running performance has been a little better as well.
– I’m not going to lie, it is expensive to eat healthy. I have never bought so much produce in my life (I keep meaning to take a picture of my shopping cart) and boy is it pricey!
– It is very time consuming! We are supposed to prep for the week on Sundays but I don’t always have time on Sundays. This past week, I did a better job and at least cooked the chicken in advance for any meal that required chicken. I didn’t have time to cut the vegetables though and that can definitely take some time for a novice in the kitchen. I try to prep as much as possible each night for the next day’s meals but I still find myself spending half of my lunch break slicing and dicing sometimes. And then I am stuck in the kitchen again each evening, prepping for the next day.
– Lots of dirty dishes. I am CONSTANTLY running the dishwasher or hand washing dishes. Luckily, I have a super supportive husband who has also been helping out. I spend so much time in the kitchen lately that I think he feels sorry for me!
– Having to figure out meals for the rest of the family since I am the only one following the plan. Again, my hubby helps out as much as possible in this department. And like I mentioned before, I am finding some recipes that I think my family will enjoys so I’ll eventually be making some meals for the whole family. But when its my turn to cook for the kids, and I have to feed myself, and Gabby has to be at swim practice it becomes a struggle!
– Quinoa, Collard Greens, and Brussel Sprouts. I’m just not a fan. The first time I ate quinoa, I actually liked it. But I can barely stand to look at it anymore. I don’t know what happened, but it has not been a recent favorite. I’m going to have to take it out of the rotation for a while.
The nutrition plan also comes with a workout guide and includes workouts that I can download. I already have a workout routine and don’t really have much time to incorporate any additional workouts, but I am very curious. Maybe I will sub out a regular workout occasionally or try something new on the weekends. This past week, my total mileage is at 9 miles (mileage will probably continue to be low through the middle of summer). I incorporated speed intervals and hill training into my runs this week though. I also attended body pump once (I plan to go tomorrow as well). I missed yoga on Wednesday because I was spending time with my first born. We took a 2.5 mile walk together. I’m so happy that she wants to walk with me once a week. She’s a teenager; I’ll take any time I can get!
That about summarizes my life over the past (almost) 2 weeks. I’ll keep you posted on how it goes over the next 6 weeks.
QOTD – What is your most hated food?
6 thoughts on “Fitness Friday”
I can’t think of food I hate right now. I want to eat all of it. Ha ha!
LikeLiked by 1 person
The stuff I don’t like is mostly healthy stuff!
I love brussel sprouts!!!……dipped in ketchup and hot sauce!!!! I feel your pain, Kimbo. I have been on a rather strict diet myself and have lost about 20+ lbs but maaaaaaaan did I blow it this weekend; and I liked it! Keep at it, champ. You are always bikini ready but us guys can never tell you women anything.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Lol! Next time maybe I’ll break out the hot sauce! That is so awesome about your weight loss. A cheat day (or weekend) is good for the soul every now and then! Keep up the good work though!
Sour Kraut…and I’m Polish.
Yuck! And Pickles….
LikeLiked by 1 person
I don’t know how we stay married. Pickles are soooo good!!!