My quads are sore.  My butt is sore.  My arms are sore.  It hurts to walk.  Yep, I started Body Pump again.  Good gugly mugly.  I haven’t felt this kind of muscle soreness in a long time, but at least I know that means my muscles were working hard!

Wednesday – I planned to go back to Body Pump on Wednesday but the night got away from me and by the time I got Gabby to swim, I didn’t have enough time to make it to the class so no workout for me.

Thursday – On Thursday night, Steven dropped Gabby off at the pool and we met at the gym.  He had to run 6 miles and I had to run 3.  It felt pretty good to be back under a 10 minute mile. 


Friday – On Friday, I had physical therapy.  I did a little walking on the treadmill and some other exercises.  My therapist and I decided that Wednesday will be my final session!!  Woot woot!  I am finally going to graduate.  I think I have all the tools to continue to heal.  I just have to make sure I make time for my exercises at home, which is easier said than done.  After therapy, we met Steven’s parents and his aunt and uncle for a nice dinner at Olive Garden. 

Saturday – Back to Body Pump!!!  November 7th was my last Body Pump session before today.  And nobody should be surprised that I know the exact date 😉  So, almost 3 months to the day, I strolled back in to the Saturday morning class.  It was the launch of a new release and very crowded so it was beyond intimidating to walk into the room and find “my spot” in the corner.  I looked around and didn’t recognize many of the people from last year (they must be newbies) and then realized they must be thinking the same thing about me.  Lol!  During the next hour, I squatted; dead lifted; pressed; dipped; curled; lunged; and crunched.  It was tough, but I really enjoyed it!  Working out always makes me feel a little bad ass ;o)

We got some good news regarding Gabby on Saturday as well.  Although her swim team generally likes the kids to be 11 years old before moving up to level 2, we were informed that level 3 was not challenging her enough anymore.  They want her to move to level 2!!  I am so happy for her and love to see her hard work paying off.  This is going to mean our schedules are going to get a little busier (mostly playing taxi service), but I am more than thrilled!  She has a swim meet coming up this weekend so I’m excited to see how she does.

Sunday – I knew I wanted to run 4 miles on Sunday, but I also knew it was going to be a very busy day.  My mother-in-law had bought the girls and I tickets to see Phantom of the Opera at the Hippodrome in Baltimore and we needed to be on the road by 9:30.  So, I decided to get my run in before the trip.  I got up around 7:15 and was very sore from Body Pump.  I *almost* decided to go back to bed.  Somehow, I managed to drag myself out of bed, had some oatmeal and got myself together for my run.  It was a very cold 29 degrees outside.  I hate cold weather and I hate early mornings (especially on weekends), so I am still not sure how I became a runner and how the heck I got myself out the door on this particular run.  Although it was cold, I have to admit that it felt pretty good to be up early on a Sunday morning before the world really gets going.  It was peaceful and quiet outside, with just the sound of my music and the occasional vehicle passing by.  I kept a pretty consistent pace, except for when I walked for .15 miles during mile 3.  I got back home with just enough time to get myself together for the remainder of the day.

We really enjoyed the Phantom of the Opera! 

We made it home just in time to watch the Super Bowl!  I was rooting for Carolina, although I really didn’t care too much.

Monday – I was even more sore than I was on Sunday!!  I was planning to go to yoga, but I knew there was no way I would be able to do the strength tracks!  Aint no way I could hold any type of squat so no workout for me!

Tuesday – I was planning to run during my lunch break, but the weather was nasty.  I decided to wait and hit the gym after dropping Gabby off at swim.  I felt pretty good tonight and am happy to report that while my muscles are still sore from pump, my hip hasn’t really been acting up a whole lot.  Yay!


Before I go, I have to give a shout out to Steven and Sam.  They are kicking so much butt in their marathon training.  They each successfully ran their 14 milers this past Sunday!!!  I am so happy for them!!  Sam also started a blog!  Check it out!!  http://www.nothingisnormalwithsam.wordpress.com

QOTD – Do you prefer to run in the cold weather or the warm weather?

One thought on “OUCH!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s